The Upper Merion Township Park and Recreation department is inviting all residents to come out for their annual Community Fair in September! This celebration will include all the carnival classics like amusement rides and games, not to mention a parade and concert for everyone to enjoy. This is an event not to be missed, and Upper Merion Township hopes you will bring family and friends out to celebrate their 300th Birthday!
Friday September 6, 2013 (Heuser Park)
- 6pm-11pm- Carnival begins! Amusement rides, carnival games (win prizes), food stands featuring funnel cakes, fried oreos and flavored Lemonades.
Saturday, September 7, 2013 (Heuser Park)
- 12pm- Carnival Opens and continues until 11pm.
- 1pm- Tricentennial Parade- Motorized units departs the Upper Merion High School onto Crossfield Road in route to Caley Elementary. From Caley they will pick up various bands and marchers in route to Beidler and Geerdes Blvd. Click here for the entire parade route!
- 3pm- Community Fair Begins- come see various township organizations, businesses and food vendors. Say hello to your neighbors while you try some of the delicious food offerings that will be available. Pick up some information while you are here of some of the services available in Upper Merion Township.
Saturday’s Park & Rec Fest- Live Music at Heuser Park
- Bring lawn chairs, blankets, food and drink. Some food vendors will be available.
- 3:30pm- The Senior Center Band
- Ernie & Neal- if High Energy, Family Friendly music is what you are looking for then look no further!
*Tony Harnell & the Wildflowers featuring Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal from Gun N’ Roses- acoustic rock music. Harnell’s voice is likely the most powerful one you will discover this year. With over 30 albums under his belt, he is no stranger to the world of rock and has a distinctive voice with a range and strength that few others can achieve. Numerous Gold and Platinum awards and millions of albums sold, we are excited to have him as a part of our celebration.
Keep Up with Upper Merion On FB