Get your outfits ready because Fashion for a Cause is back and better than ever in its third year! Also known as “Ambler’s Night of Giving Big”, this annual fundraiser was created to help raise money and awareness to support Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA‘s, mission: to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Since its beginning, the fashion show has brought together an amazing group of caring people from our community with a mix of semi-professional models, Bigs and Littles, a performance from a local dance crew, a great silent auction, food tastings from local restaurants and of course, plenty of beer and wine. Models will be sporting the latest fall fashions from the Free Shop, Tony Laguda Formal Wear and Ambler Skate Shop, all of whom were voted as three of the BEST retail stores in Montgomery County.
The planning committee hopes to raise $40,000 this year, which would bring the three year fundraising total up to $100,000 in support of one-to-one youth mentoring. Funds raised by Fashion for a Cause help match children with mentors in Montgomery County. Thanks, in large part to this event, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeastern PA (BBBS SEPA) was able to support nearly 750 children and mentors in Montgomery County in 2013. The event also helps reduce the number of children waiting for a mentor.
- Fashion show with local professional models, and mentors (“Bigs) and mentees (“Littles) from BBBS SEPA
- Emceed by Kathy Romano from WMMR’s Preston & Steve Show
- Entertainment from Hot, Hot, Hot Entertainment
- Hair by Gravity Hair Salon
- Women’s fashion from the Free Shop (Ambler)
- Men’s fashion from Tony Laguda Formal Wear and Ambler Skate Shop
- Photography by Joy Moody
- “Flavor & Flair” food stations, cocktails, beer & wine
- Dance performances by I Am Phresh
- Silent auction
- Step-and-repeat photo station
Tickets are on sale now at www.amblergives.com, and range from $50 – $150.
lFashion for a Cause Planning Committee:
- Joe Kaub and Kara Antenucci, Gravity Hair Salon
- Anthony Vennera, Hot Hot Hot Entertainment
- FVM Strategic Communications
- Maura Coffey, The Free Shop (Ambler)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern Pennsylvania
Confirmed Sponsors: (additional sponsors expected)
- Presenting Sponsor: First Niagara
- Hosted by: Mercedes-Benz of Fort Washington
- Additional Sponsors: Constellation Brands, Ambler Beverage, Forest & Main
- “Flavor & Flair” Sponsors (restaurants will serve bite size samples of signature dishes for guests): Bridget’s Steakhouse, KC’s Alley, Blue Bell Inn, Scoogi’s, Lucky Well
Other Ways to Get Involved:
Make a donation to support Fashion for a Cause at https://www.crowdrise.com/amblergives2014
Become a volunteer mentor for BBBS SEPA. Learn more at www.bbbssepa.org or call 215.790.9200.
Check out our photo album from last year by clicking here, and don’t forget to use the custom made hashtag, #Fashion4ACause to see live up to date photos from the event on Instagram!
*Tickets are now on sale!!! Last year’s event sold out quickly so be sure to purchase your tickets ahead of time at http://www.amblergives.com/tickets/.
Fashion for Cause
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Mercedes-Benz of Fort Washington
404 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034
More Info on Fashion for a Cause
Fashion for a Cause was created by several local Ambler business owners who wanted to start something positive for kids in the area by supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA. The idea for the event came from the owners of Gravity Hair Salon, Joe Kaub and Kara Antenucci, and Anthony Vennera, owner of Hot Hot Hot Entertainment. Together they are huge supporters of Big Brothers Big Sisters. They organized a planning committee consisting of various local business owners.
About Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
For close to 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA has been helping children do better in school, and in life, by finding caring and compassionate adult volunteer mentors to spend consistent, quality time with them. We are the largest one-to-one youth mentoring program in the Commonwealth, serving Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties, and the third largest Big Brothers Big Sisters organization in the nation, serving nearly 7,000 children and volunteers annually. This year, over all four counties, we will provide more than 3,000 children with mentors, but unfortunately, we have 1,200 children on our waiting list, and more than 800 are boys. Learn more at www.bbbssepa.org.
*For more information, please email Liz Semon @ LSemon@bbbssepa.org
Related Articles from Montco Happening