Consignment shops have been on the rise in recent years, and with no wonder. Not only do they enable us to look great while saving some much needed coin, but they also help us save the environment, a win win! These stores offer a glimpse in to the world of reinvention, and have given new meaning to the words “hand me down”.
Gigi’s Consignment Boutique in Flourtown offers brand-name, high-quality, second-hand dresses, blouses, slacks, shoes, and accessories for women and juniors. The consigned items are from high-end designers such as Anne Taylor, Banana Republic, Lily Pulitzer, Nicole Miller, and have lots of other ”Bloomies” labels. Patricia Geppert Haber opened Gigi’s Consignment Boutique in April 2011. The store is named for Haber’s grandmother, a 1930s vaudeville singer who performed on stages from New York City to Detroit, and along side the likes of Ethel Merman and The Three Stooges. Old-time photos of the store’s namesake, framed in vibrant pink, decorate the store. Simply put, it is an upscale consignment in a great part of town!
How It Works
- There is no yearly fee.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are designated days for consignors; No appointment is necessary.
- Consigners may bring up to 20 items on hangers.
- Accepted items are kept for a minimum of 90 days.
- Items that are not accepted or not sold after the period of 90 days can either be picked up or donated to the Women’s Center of Montgomery County. (Email will be sent to consignors for pick-up time.)
- Consignors receive 40% commission mailed in check form.
- Checks are mailed out in February, May, August, and November.
- You may also use your “Consignor Cash” for purchasing merchandise.
*The Summer Sale is held in July and the Winter Sale is held in February.
What They Accept
- Women’s and Juniors Clothing, Shoes, Handbags, Jewlery, and Accessories
- Items in current styles and good condition.
- Brands such as Anne Taylor, Banana Republic, Lily Pulitzer, Nicole Miller, as well as other ”Bloomies” and higher end labels.
- They do not accept items from Target, Old Navy, Gap, Kohl’s or similar discount brands.
- They do not accept swimwear or used sneakers.
- They do not accept Mens or Maternity Clothing.
Where To Find Them
1511 Bethlehem Pike
Flourtown, PA 19031