Are you a small business that’s been impacted by the shutdowns due to COVID-19?
The COVID-19 Relief Statewide Small Business Assistance Program is now open. Pennsylvania small businesses with 25 or fewer full-time employees, have annual revenues of $1 million or less, and were economically impacted by COVID-19 are encouraged to apply for relief. The COVID-19 Relief Pennsylvania Statewide Small Business Assistance program will provide grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. It is not a first-come, first-served program. There will be multiple rounds of application windows, and applications will be prioritized and selected for funding based on the program criteria.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, businesses must meet a number of requirements which, at mimimum, include:
- Be physically located, certified to do business, and generate at least 51% of their revenues in Pennsylvania
- Have annual revenue of $1 million or less prior to the impact of COVID-19
- Have 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees prior to February 15, 2020.
- The business was in operation on February 15, 2020 and if required paid income taxes to the state and federal government, as reported on individual or business tax returns
- COVID-19 has had an adverse economic impact and makes this grant request necessary to support the ongoing operations of the applicant
- The grant will be used cover COVID-19 related costs
- During the period beginning on June 1, 2020 and ending on December 31, 2020, the applicant has not and will not receive another grant under this state program
The first application window will open on June 30th and will remain open for 10 business days. All eligible businesses must apply through a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in the county that their business is located. To find out more, click HERE.