Spring is in the air, and although this season means baseball and barbecues, it also means it’s time for spring cleaning. As you’re swapping out the winter clothes for summer fashion, and swapping out storm windows in favor of screens, you’ll be stirring up dust that you and your family will breathe.
Although we tend to think of pollution as an outdoor problem, we breathe most of our air indoors. Protect the health of your family by following these easy tips:
- Change the filter on your air conditioner. Clogged, dirty filters can cause your air conditioning system to work harder and use more energy for the same amount of cooling. Many air conditioning repair companies offer free cleaning and filter changes as part of their AC maintenance packages.
- Increase ventilation. Open up those windows and welcome in the fresh air! Use window fans, and kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans to increase air circulation.
- Vacuum weekly. Between the padding, the glue, and the carpet fibers themselves, carpets release harmful chemicals that pollute the air in your home. To combat this, vacuum your carpets once a week, and have them deep-cleaned each season.
- Throw away air fresheners. Although they are intended to spread clean, fresh scents throughout your home, air fresheners actually release pollutants into the air. Get rid of them to start breathing clean air.
- Install an air purifying system. These systems remove odors and many can clean up to 97% of the air moving through your home. Air purifying systems help allergy sufferers, those with asthma, and households with pets.
This spring, don’t take your air for granted. Contact Dwyer today for your air conditioning repair and air purifying needs at 215-248-4300.