Photo Credit, Middle Child, Philadelphia
By Jennie Porter
Imagine- you’re scrolling through social media, post after post, like a zombie when…BAM!- an image of a sandwich so beautiful, and layered to perfection stops you in your tracks. Suddenly all you can think about is the fastest way to get that sandwich onto your plate, and into your mouth. We have compiled a list of the best places in Montgomery County to get your own scroll stopping sandwiches this summer. Whether you’re in the mood for something traditional, or up for eating outside the box, we’ve got you covered. Planning a picnic in the park? Tailgating at an outdoor concert? Packing your cooler for a day down the shore? These Happenings List winners have everything you need and more:
1. Grumpy’s Handcarved Sandwiches (Pottstown)- Try Grumpy’s Sandwich: thin sliced roast beef, sauteed onions and red peppers, provolone cheese, garlic mayonnaise, and roasted green hot peppers. If you enjoy spicy, this is a great one for you!
2. Trolley Stop Deli (Hatfield)-From hoagies to cheesesteaks and everything in between, this local family owned deli has been in existence for 55 yrs. They pride themselves in great food, a family atmosphere and excellent staff to provide an amazing sandwich experience every time!
3. Banh Street (Lower Gwynedd)- Bánh Street pairs the traditional aromatic Vietnamese palette with the rich, succulent flavors of the American grill, while still maintaining a light, refreshing sandwich. The bánh mi (or Vietnamese Hoagie) provides the perfect intersection for these two great culinary mediums.
4. Lee’s Hoagie House (Blue Bell)-Lee’s Hoagie House of Blue Bell offers award winning, delicious fresh hoagies, cheesesteaks, wings and more. They specialize in catering and delivery is available all day.
5. Pumpernick’s Deli (North Wales)-Their homemade Hot Corned Beef, Roast Brisket and Pastrami are all sliced hot to order. Check out their complimentary “Pickle Bar” and broad selection of domestic and imported beers, to really make it a meal!
For More Scrumptious Sandwiches:
-Up for an adventure? Check out Middle Child in Philadelphia for sandwiches that pack a punch. Head over to their instagram (@middlechildphiladelphia) for a laugh…and of course, drool worthy sandwich content!
-Trained chef and writer, Marcella Cooking Stuff (@marcellacooking) is constantly sharing beautiful food. The “Sandies” highlighted on her Instagram showcase delicious sandwich combinations you can recreate at home!