- 1-1/4 cups salted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- Sprinkles, mini M&Ms, chocolate chips
- Small jar of maraschino cherries, drained and cut into halves
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- Gradually add flour, mixing just until combined.
- Spoon into cookie press fit with shape of your choice. Squeeze cookie press to release dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Decorate cookies with cherries and/or sprinkles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just slightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring from the baking sheet to wire cooling racks.
- Cool cookies completely before storing in an air-tight container.
Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.