On Friday, April 12, Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center in East Norriton will host their 11th annual fundraising event, Mission Possible 2019 Gala. Held during National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the event will raise awareness of child abuse and support the organization’s mission of achieving healing and justice for child victims.
This year’s featured guest speaker Jennifer Fox is the writer and producer of HBO’s Emmy, Critic’s Choice, and Golden Globe-Nominated “The Tale,” a powerful film depicting Fox’s personal experience of child sexual abuse and examining the effects of trauma on memory. Her speech will share her journey of self-discovery in an effort to spread awareness about the complexities of child abuse. Ultimately, it will share a message of hope for victims.
Guests will enjoy a seated dinner, cocktails, live music, and a one-of-a-kind live auction. The event will also honor Dina Fink, J.D. for her years of dedication, volunteer service, and leadership at Mission Kids.
Where: Fitler Club, 1 South 24th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
When: Friday, April 12 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased here.
About Mission Kids
Mission Kids is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization providing multidisciplinary care to alleged victims of sexual and physical abuse. Mission Kids joins a nationwide network of child-focused care facilities designed in accordance with standards established by the National Children’s Alliance and the U.S. Department of Justice. Their ultimate goal is to provide a broad range of support services to child victims and their caregivers in an environment that encourages healing and facilitates better prosecution of alleged offenders.
Mission Kids provides:
- A safe, child-sensitive place for young victims of child sexual abuse or serious physical abuse.
- Collaborative team investigation that reduces the number of interviews a child victim is subjected to during the initial investigative process.
- Coordination of prosecutors, law enforcement officials, social service and medical professionals specifically trained to support and protect children throughout the entire legal process and beyond.
- Appropriate referrals for child-specific medical services designed to reduce the trauma associated with physical examination required in abuse cases.
- Appropriate referrals for therapeutic services for child victims and their families.