Who’s planning on heading to New York City over the holidays this year? Each year Shannon and I try to take a trip to New York City to check out Rockefeller Center, see the Christmas Tree decorated, and walk around all of the stores. It’s always a great time as there’s nothing like New York City during Christmas. You can feel the holiday spirit in the air.
Traveling to New York City During the Holidays
For us, the easiest way to get to New York City from Montgomery County, PA is by train. We usually drive into New Jersey to use the New Jersey Transit system. Instead of parking at the train station in Trenton we like to park at the Hamilton Train Station. The train then takes you right into 30th Street Penn Station in New York City. It’s about an hour and 15 minute commute. From Penn Station New York City you can either take the subway, walk, or grab a cab to wherever you want to go.
Things to do in New York City During the Holidays
There are so many fun things to do in New York City during the holidays. Here are just a few of the many things that you can do if you decide to visit New York City during the holidays:
- Winter’s Eve at Lincoln Square – Sidewalks come alive with street performances by musicians, jugglers, stilt walkers and much more.
- Grand Central Terminal’s Kaleidoscope Light Show – Christmas lights seem to diminish slightly next to the grand light displays on the Sky Ceiling.
- Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center – Every year, an enormous tree adorns Rockefeller Center. It’s a must see attraction if you’re visiting New York City during the holiday season.
- Walking Tour of Christmas Window Displays – This two-mile walking tour will take you past the holiday window displays at six of New York City’s major department stores.
- Ice Skating in New York City – Ice skating at Rockefeller Center is a popular option if you want to ice skate in New York City, but did you know you have other options? In addition to skating at Rockefeller Center, you could try Central Park, Prospect Park, or one of these other choices.
The list of things to do in New York City during the holidays is almost endless. These are just a few of our favorite things to do while visiting New York City. Do you visit New York City during the holiday season? What are some of your favorite things to do in New York City over the holidays? Leave your comments below.
Be sure to connect with MontCo Happening on Facebook and follow MontcoHappening on Twitter to enjoy our real-time local coverage of restaurants, events, people, and everything else fun & exciting in the area.