When your world is shaken – by a diagnosis, natural disaster, crime, you name it – finding the Shining Moment in life becomes very difficult. It’s easy to be happy when things are going along swimmingly in life, when the biggest worry of the day is what to make for dinner (I happen to love those days!).
What I learned when I was sick is that finding Shining Moments is a choice. There may be certain days when you have to turn over every boulder in life to find them, but they are there. Pinky Promise! As a matter of fact, just yesterday, I had to do something that I really (really!) didn’t want to do and happened to be a bit grumpy about it. However, I said to myself that there must be a Shining Moment somewhere. It turns out, I found a beautiful and unexpected Shining Moment that ended up being the highlight of my day.
Because finding Shining Moments is indeed a choice, here are 15 choices (that I try to make each day) that lead to finding Shining Moments:
- Express gratitude for what you DO have in this moment.
- Smile often.
- Be playful. Put a bounce in your emotional step.
- Take breaks from technology.
- Express love, even to strangers.
- Look at challenges as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Eat healthily, but treat yourself.
- Focus on the present.
- Be open to change.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Don’t “Should” on yourself.
- Decide that – no matter what – you will find a Shining Moment.
This article was presented to you by Montco Happening guest write, Randi Rentz. Click here to learn more about the local teacher, writer, and cancer survivor.